Traveling with your ITIN

Hi Folks

Just noticed that many casinos are putting your CDN Social Insurance Numbers on the 1042S forms.  This is causing some confusion for the IRS.

It would be a good idea to travel with your ITIN (if you already have one).  If you do win an amount that is taxable in the US (normally over $1,200), give the casino staff your ITIN.  This will make the US Tax  Refund process flow much smoother.

Happy Easter everyone.